Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Launch

Silent. It took off, the rocket. I could see it first. From a few kilometers away. And then I could hear it. The shockwave hit me, and it was wonderful. Green. I was atop a tree. Blue skies. Smoke roaring. The birds took flight. And the rocket went away. Flew up, and up, and up. “Help me up, will you?” someone said from below. I looked down. She held out her hand. I helped her up and looked towards the sky again. The rocket had disappeared. Among the clouds. Leaving behind a trail of smoke. “It’s beautiful…” she murmured. I agreed. Silence started to return. One step at a time. Pushing away the roar. And the sky was as blue as ever. I could see beyond it. The stars. Planets. The void. And we were lost in awe. We were both lost in grandeur. And we both looked forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment