Thursday, January 23, 2014

Accelerated Learning Hub


What is it?

A system, environment, area, that is dedicated to enhancing one’s mental abilities to learn, absorb, and apply information and knowledge by boosting efficiency, creativity, processing speed, accuracy, attention, focus, and analytical power via technology and methodology.

Laughing Man's Library - I just love books, and the thought of being able to spend day after day in the midst of all that information sounds awesome.

Why do I want it?

With so much information out there, both in print and on the internet, I feel that my current knowledge is very limited compared to the existing information out there. Everyday tons and tons of new data and information is created and yet, I am not able to absorb that information, much less make it a part of me and be able to apply it. In short, I want to learn and know everything, at least everything that we humans currently know. I want to ride the waves of this vast and infinite sea of information and not drown, and sink like we are doing now. I want to go beyond what my current brain allows. I want to vastly increase my cognitive capacity. I want super-intelligence.

This is Ishikawa at work on collecting information from the net. He seems to be able to "traverse the landscape" of the digital world and poke around here and there.

Where did you come up with this idea?

The idea is probably not new, and I’m pretty sure other people have thought about it, too. I’ve always enjoyed learning, and knowing, and understanding. I’ve also recently seen the Ghost in the Shell series, and a couple of scenes lit a few bulbs inside my head. There was the Laughing Man’s Circular Library in Stand Alone Complex, Ishikawa’s Net Explorer, and Subconscious Kusanagi’s Info Hub in Solid State Society. These rooms, systems, were used to process and amass information, to gather clues, to navigate the net, to monitor activity and so on. I also vaguely remember a talk I’ve heard somewhere, about how we human’s create our environment, and our environment gives us feedback, affecting our way of creating, and we go into this kind of perpetual cycle of constant creation and positive feedback.

Subconcious Major's...errr...watcha-ma-call-this shit? But most definitely used for amassing information and data collection.

What should it consist of?

Perhaps, electrical devices such as projectors, monitors, thought-to-text converters, motion trackers, personal computers, and so on. Neural implants should probably play a big role in these systems. I want to take multiple Coursera courses at the same time, do multiple discussions, I want multiple everything. Perhaps, AI’s that can help me in my journey, a muse like AI from Eclipse Phase, an OS like Samantha from her, someone like Jarvis from Ironman. Nootropics and tDCS could probably help, too. Furniture to comfy up the surroundings, perhaps? Virtual Reality could probably open up endless possibilities.

What do you envision?

I envision the entire human race, where all individuals are super intelligent, whom all have super cognitive functions, enhanced compassion and reasoning, every single one of us vastly superior than we are now. Imagine how nice it would be for the entire race to be super intelligent. Hey, near zero information latency; that would be awesome. An entire race of scientists and artists, and engineers, and all sorts of occupations, where everyone is everything and nothing holds us back. No boundaries, no bottlenecks, no nothing. I seem to have derailed myself into some sort of rambling mode.

I want the entire human race, as a whole species, and also as individuals to be less selfish, less bigoted, less angry, and less evil, and be smarter, more reasonable, more compassionate, and more empathic.



This is my first blog post. In this blog I will write whatever I want, whenever I want. No obligations, just a couple of my musings. It will be more of a repository than a showcase or presentation. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment