Friday, June 27, 2014

Made VS Born

I just saw Transformers 4 Age of Extinction. Minor spoilers so beware.


Lockdown swoops down upon Optimus Prime, tells him that he wasn't born, that he was made, and that his creators want him back. Lockdown takes Prime down, disarms him, drags him back to his bad-ass prison space ship, and locks him in with his other trophies.

Lockdown makes a distinction between being made and being born. He isn't the only one on this side of the camp. I've seen numerous other characters and people make this distinction between made and born. Most of the time, being made is seen as inferior to being born, though I do not understand the reasons behind this, nor do I see a big difference between the two meanings.

Are we humans made? Are we born? Born. Made. Made. Born. Seems like a minor difference to me. Semantic games is all they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment